It should be noted that this Policy does not apply to services provided to you by other third parties on the BYD website, nor does it apply to products or services that have otherwise set up legal notices and privacy policies.
This Policy will help you to understand the following:
1. How we collect and use your personal data
2. How we use Cookie and similar technologies
3. Personal data we may share, assign and disclose
4. How we protect your personal data
5. How to manage your personal data
6. Personal data protection of minors
7. International transfers of your personal data
8. How this Policy updates
9. How to contact with us
How we collect and use your personal data
Personal data means any data, recorded in electronic or any other method, that either on its own or jointly with other data, can be used to identify a natural person or reflect personal activity situation.
We may only collect, use and process your personal data for the purposes bellow.
For the convenience of responding to your inquiry
Your name, contact phone number, e-mail address, company name, and city name need to be provided when filling in the inquiry. If you only need to use basic services such as browsing and searching, you do not need to register as our user or provide the abovementioned data.
To provide you with products or services
The data we collected when you use of our service and from your job application
In order to provide you with page display and search results that meet your needs better, we will collect the data about the services you use and how you use, and correlate them. Such data includes:
Device data: We will receive and record data about the device you are using (such as device model, operating system version, device settings, unique device identifier, etc. software and hardware features and devices according to the specific permissions you grant during software installation and use Environmental data), data about the location of the device (such as IP address, GPS location, and sensor data such as Wi-Fi access points, Bluetooth, and base stations that can provide relevant data).
Log data: When you use our website, we will automatically collect your detailed usage of our web pages and save it as relevant web logs. For example, your search query content, IP address, browser type, telecommunications operator, language used, date and time of access, and web page records of your visit.
in order to contact you or help you solve the problem, or record the treatment plan and result of the related problem, when connecting with us, we may save your communication /call records and content or the contact data you leave.
To provide you with products or security guarantee
To improve the security of your use of our and our Affiliated Companies and partners to provide website services, protect the safety of you or other users or the public ’s personal property from harm, and better prevent phishing websites, fraud, network vulnerabilities, computer viruses, and networks Attacks, network intrusions and other security risks, to more accurately identify violations of laws and regulations or BYD ’s relevant agreement rules, we may use or integrate your device data, related network logs, and our affiliates and partners to obtain your authorization or share according to law Data, to comprehensively judge your account and transaction risks, perform identity verification, detection and prevention of security incidents, and take necessary recording, auditing, analysis and disposal measures according to law.
We will ask you for authorization and consent before we use your data for purposes not provided herein, or usage of the data collected for special purpose for other purposes.
Exception of authorization and consent
According to relevant laws and regulations, we will collect your personal data without your authorization and consent when the data are:
1. related to national security or national defense security;
2. related to public security, public health, and major public interests;
3. related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgments;
4. out of the protection of the important legal rights and interests of the personal data subject or other individuals' lives and property, but it is difficult to obtain your own consent;
5. personal data collected is disclosed to the public by yourself;
6. collected from legally publicly disclosed data, such as legal news reports, government data disclosure and other channels;
7. necessary to sign a contract according to your requirements;
8. necessary for maintaining the safe and stable operation of the products or services provided, such as discovering and handling failures of products or services;
9. in need for legal news report;
10. necessary for an academic research institution to conduct statistics or academic research based on public interest and provide the results of academic research or description externally, de-identify the personal data contained in the results;
11. other situations provided in law
If we stop the website user service, we will stop the collection of your personal data in a timely manner, and notify you of the suspension of the operation in the form of one-by-one delivery or announcement to delete or anonymize the personal data we hold.
How we use Cookie and similar technologies
In order to provide you with more personalized user experience and services, we, or our third-party partners may collect your data by placing secure Cookies and similar technologies. We will require our third-party partners to comply with the provisions herein strictly.
Personal data we may share, assign and disclose
We will not share your personal data with companies, organizations and individuals other than BYD Electronics and its affiliates, except for the following:
1. Sharing with explicit consent: After obtaining your explicit consent, we will share your personal data with other parties;
2. Sharing under statutory circumstances: We may share your personal data externally in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations, the need to resolve litigation disputes, or as required by the administrative and judicial authorities according to law;
3. Only by revealing your data can you provide the services you require, such as phone number verification service, the mobile phone number you confirm through verification will be transmitted to the basic telecommunications service operator for communication and as a caller ID number to other users Display
4. When you are complained of infringement of intellectual property rights or other legal rights by others, you need to disclose your necessary data to the complainant in order to handle the complaint;
Except the following scenarios, we will not transfer your personal data to any company, organization or individual other than BYD Electronics and its Affiliates.
1. Transfer with explicit consent: After obtaining your explicit consent, we will transfer your personal data to other parties.
We will not publicly disclose your personal data to any company, organization or individual other than BYD Electronics and its affiliates, except for the following:
1. With your explicit consent or based on your voluntary choice, we may publicly disclose your personal data;
2. If we confirm that you have violated the laws and regulations or seriously violated the relevant agreement rules of this website, or to protect the safety of the property of this website or the public from infringement, we may obtain your consent in accordance with laws and regulations or relevant agreement rules of this website To disclose your personal data, including relevant violations and the measures this website has taken against you.
1. Data collected by third parties (including any third-party website) connected via our service.
2. Data collected by other companies or organizations that perform advertising services in our services.
We have no control over such third parties. You can choose whether to access links, content, products and services provided by third parties. Before submitting personal data to third parties, please refer to the privacy protection policies of these third parties.
How we protect your personal data
We endeavor to use appropriate measures to protect your personal data from loss, misappropriation, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or damage.
We have been using security safeguards of industry standards to protect your personal data, preventing data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We will take all reasonable and feasible measures to protect your personal data.
We will take all reasonable and feasible measures to ensure that irrelevant personal data will not be collected. Unless the retention period needs to be otherwise extended or permitted by law, we will only retain your personal data for the period required to achieve the purpose stated in this Policy.
The Internet is not an absolute secure environment, and email, instant message, and communication with other users are not encrypted. We strongly recommend you not to send personal data through such methods. Please use a complex password to help us keep your account safe.
If unfortunately any personal data security events happened, we will promptly inform you in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations: the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident, the disposal measures we have taken or will take, you can independently prevent and reduce risks Suggestions, remedies for you, etc. We will promptly inform you of the relevant circumstances of the incident by mail, letter, telephone, push notification, etc., and when it is difficult to inform the personal data subject one by one, we will adopt a reasonable and effective way to release the announcement.
We will also report data related to personal data security events proactively pursuant to the requirements of regulatory authorities.
How to manage your personal data
You can visit, modify and delete your provided personal data when using our services, you can connect with us by email@example.com.
Visit your personal data
You have the right to access your personal data unless it is an exception provided by laws and regulations. You can notify us at any time by the aforementioned contact data. We will respond to your access request within 30 days thereafter.
As for other personal data generated during the usage of our products and services, as long as we do not need too much investment, we will provide it to you.
Correct your personal data
When you find any fault in your personal data we processed, you have the right to ask us for corrections. You can apply for correction through the methods listed in " Visit your personal data".
Delete your personal data
Your can send us request to delete your personal data if:
1. our action on processing personal data violates any laws and regulations;
2. we collected and used your personal data without your consent;
3. our action on processing personal data violates the agreement with you;
4. you no longer use our products or services, or you closed your account;
5. we no longer provide products or services for you.
Unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations or entities obtain your independent authorization, if we decide to respond to your data deletion request, we will also notify the such entity that obtained your personal data from us and request it to delete such data in time. When you deleted data from our service, we may not immediately delete the corresponding data in the backup system, but it will be deleted when the backup is updated.
Close your personal data account
You can close your account registered before at any time by the following measures:
You can use your browser to log in your account and click "Account Cancellation" option to close your account, after your account is closed, we will stop providing products and services for you, and unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations, your personal data will be deleted or anonymized within a reasonable period of time.
Response to your aforementioned request
To ensure the security, you may need to provide a written request or prove your identity in other ways. And we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request.
For your reasonable request, we will not charge a fee in principle, but for repeated requests that exceed the reasonable limit, we will charge a certain cost as appropriate. For those that are unreasonably repetitive, require too many technical means (for example, need to develop new systems or fundamentally change existing practices), pose a risk to the legitimate rights and interests of others or are very impractical (for example, involving data stored on backup tapes) We may refuse the request.
In the following situations, as required by laws and regulations, we will not be able to respond to your request:
1. Directly related to national security and national defense security;
2. Directly related to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
3. Directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgments;
4. There is sufficient evidence that you have subjective maliciousness or abuse of rights;
5. Responding to your request will result in serious damage to the legal rights of you or other individuals and organizations.
6. Involving trade secrets.
Personal data protection of minors
International Transfers of Your Personal Data
In principle, the personal data we collect and generate within the territory of People's Republic of China will be also stored in the People's Republic of China.
However, since we provide products and services through resources and servers throughout the world, this means that after obtaining your authorized consent, your personal data may be transferred to other countries / regions of our products in overseas jurisdictions, or receive from visits from these jurisdictions.
These jurisdictions may have different data protection laws, or even no such laws. Under such circumstances, we will take measures to ensure that your personal data is protected under the same level as in People's Republic of China. For instance, we will ask for your consent when transferring your personal data cross border, or implement security measures such as de-identification of data prior to such transfer.
How this Policy updates
We will also archive prior versions of this Policy for the convenience of your review.
How to Contact with Us
We will review the related issue promptly, and reply within 30 business days after your user’s identity is verified.
Effective Date: January 1st 2019
Last updated: November 20th 2019
BYD Electronics (International) Company Limited